12.28.2007

I never even write and I still can't come up with original content

But! Even though I didn't, you know, make this thing up or anything, my answers are original! And I guess sometimes it's kind of fun to look back on the year you just had? And answer questions about it? Yes? Okay then! Sally forth!

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I had surgery... twice! Because I am awesome. I traveled outside the country. I took a summer class. I spent over a thousand dollars at one time on something other than a vehicle. I spent 15 hours at school in one day. I wore rainboots.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made new year's resolutions last year. I'm going to make some for next year, I just don't know yet what they'll all be. I'll write them down when I figure it out.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ummm... no. Not this year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. Three of my grandparents, within six months of each other. It sucked. Big time.

5. What countries did you visit?
England, France, and Italy. I also went to Maine and Florida, but those, as we all know, are merely STATES.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More money. Maybe a job I really like, where I can use the skills I'm spending fifty years in school for. Maybe a tattoo. Maybe a new car.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 23-June 9, because those were the dates I spent in Europe, but the specific dates are only really etched in my memory because of the HOURS and HOURS I spent planning that trip.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think my mural project for photo 2 class was a pretty good achievement.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I dunno man. I don't know that I really think in terms of failing. I'm sure I had some failures but I don't think I register them as such.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, I had appendicitis, so that was pretty awesome. I had countless colds and probably a bout of the flu and some infection that caused my lymph nodes to swell all up and wreak havoc on my mental health and sanity.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Definitely my MacBook and my Nikon D40. Two of the best purchases I've ever made.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'd have to probably say Brittony's during her cancer, because she plays like a champ. Also she's hot bald.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Those are strong words. I've been unhappy with some people's behavior, but I wouldn't say I've been appalled or depressed by anyone's behavior.

14. Where did most of your money go?
On a daily basis, rent and groceries. But a LOT of my money went toward Europe, my computer, and my camera.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I get really, really, really excited about a lot of things. My computer, my camera, going to Europe, moving into a new house, my final photo project, my flash kit, Christmas, probably a few other things.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Probably "Hombre" by M.I.A. I listened to it countless times and danced my ass off. Even in the darkroom.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
I'd say happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner.
c) richer or poorer?
Definitely poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxing. Taking pictures that weren't for school. Writing in my journal. Watching movies. Doing creative things. Reading.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. Feeling guilty for relaxing when I had the time, and feeling like I should be doing something productive instead. Smoking. Getting riled up about stupid things.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I went to my mom's house on Christmas Eve and spent the night and we all opened presents and stuffed ourselves with Chick-fil-a nuggets. On Christmas Day I went to Kyle's parents' house for a few hours in the afternoon and then to my dad's house in the evening for Christmas dinner and Wii.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No. I did that last year!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I got really into TV during the second half of this year because I got cable when I moved and I also got Netflix. I love The Office, Weeds, Heroes, Freaks & Geeks (even though it's canceled), Real Housewives of Orange County (even though I hate myself for liking it), Ugly Betty, Planet Earth, and Family Guy.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. Yay!

24. What was the best book you read?
I read all seven Harry Potter books and loved them. I really liked The Secret Life of Bees, The Stone Diaries, and The Virgin Suicides.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Even though I've listened to them sporadically for a while, I finally bought an Iron & Wine CD and listened to it basically nonstop for a month straight. I also discovered John Lee Hooker, who isn't new and has, in fact, been around forever, but he's awesome and he was new to me and also, I love the blues. So much. This year hasn't been very prolific on the discovering-new-music front.

26. What did you want and get?
A DSLR, a MacBook, a flash kit, portraiture backdrops, Pumas, a trip to Europe, a new place to live.

27. What did you want and not get?
A new car, a prime lens, a Nikon D3.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't really remember what I've seen that actually came out this year. My favorite film that I saw for the first time this year was American Beauty, hands down. I'll come back to this one if I think of a film that actually came out this year.

Edited: Juno!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 22, and I did a whole lot of nothing. I was really tired and didn't feel well so I stayed in bed and watched TV all day and then went to my dad's for dinner with a bunch of my family and Kyle and Brittony. It was a good birthday.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A car that doesn't break itself all the time. My car was the source of several breakdowns through the year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
The same as it's always been: I Wear What I Want, When I Want, Regardless of Whether It Matches Or Is In Style. Also, Gray.

32. What kept you sane?
School, although it also made me INsane sometimes. My family and my friends. My boyfriend. Photography, reading, spacing out and watching television.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp. Always.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Darfur, especially after going to the rally.

35. Who did you miss?
I miss my grandparents, now. Sometimes a lot. I missed my family while I was out of the country, I missed Kyle while he was on vacation. I missed Erin when she stayed at school and I didn't see her for a while. I missed Brittony when she was away at school.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Amanda. Also Emily, but I technically met her last year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Life kind of keeps throwing the same lesson at me over and over again: this too shall pass. One of these days I'll get it.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Life is much too short to sit and wonder
Who's going to make the next move
And will slowly pull you under
When you've always got something to prove
I don't want to wait a lifetime
Yours or mine, yours or mine
Can't you see me reaching for the lifeline
Your lifeline, the lifeline, my lifeline, the lifeline

1 comment:

Gena said...

Awesome post, although technically you just answered questions. I loved reading your answers, though.

I love you, as always. I was thinking how I would answer those questions and there are so many I have no answers to. Sad...